Feeling of skipped heart beat on holding breath, frequent GERD, no heartburn, denied scope after suspicion of hiatal hernia. Suggestion?

When I hold my breath I get a sensation like my heart is skipping a beat. Also, I get gerd every night for about an hour or so and it also feels like my heart is skipping a beat, I check my pulse and all seems normal. Gerd doesn t feel like the heartburn I had when I was pregnant. The specialist refused to do a scope after my gp said that it was a hiatal hernia and I never got to go for the echo that my go was supposed to put a req in for.
Asked On : Sat, 15 Sep 2012