Feeling of saliva running down chin on eating, chin sticky with hands and face dry on wiping, history of sub mandibular gland removal. Cause?

I had a submandibular gland surgically removed approximately 3 years ago. My surgeon had explained to me any complications that could occur, but everything was fine and I returned to work after 4 to 6 weeks. One month ago I was involved in a car accident, my car was hit from behind while stationery, I am currently suffering from a whiplash injury still getting pain in the back of my neck and shoulder . Roughly two weeks ago I noticed that every time I eat or drink something I feel the sensation of saliva running down the right side of my mouth onto my chin . It feels wet and cold on my skin, I take my hand to wipe it away and my chin feels sticky to the touch but yet my face and hand are totally dry. This sensation wears of approximately one to two minutes after eating something. How can this be?
Asked On : Tue, 21 Aug 2012