Feeling of particle stuck in epiglottis area, nausea post a bout of food poisoning. What should be done?

I had food poisoning last night and threw up. After I threw up, I felt a particle stuck on my epiglottis area and no matter what I do I can not get it out. I have tried gargling , drinking water, tried to eat something but didn t want to because I still feel nauseas. I tried warm water, salt water, ginger ale, but it is still stuck. I feel it every time I swallow . I don t want it to rot in there and make me sick. What should I do?
Asked On : Fri, 15 Feb 2013