Feeling of obstruction in throat, got a pus discharge on poking a white spot on the throat. Help?

Yesterday it felt like I had a piece of popcorn kernel stuck in the back of my throat but I hadn t been eating so shrugged it off as nothing. Then, last night before I went to bed I felt it again so I decided to check it out. On the right side of my throat there is a sessile polyp . there seemed to be a white spot on it so I scratched it turned out to be some white substance (kind of looked like crushed peanuts). I poked it again and more came out, almost like a pimple or something but the puss was pretty solid.
Asked On : Thu, 25 Oct 2012