Feeling of obstruction in throat, chest tightness, pain in the neck and between shoulder blades. No relief with gaviscon. Opinion?

Hi, I currently have a feeling that something is stuck in my throat and when I swallow it s still there. It is there all the time. Lower down in my chest area sometimes feels tight when I eat sometimes having to take a drink to wash it down as it feels as if food is getting stuck in my windpipe. I also have a lot of neck pain in the mornings and pain between my shoulder blades. Have been to my gp already and she has prescribed me gaviscon which I have been taking for over a week yet the symptoms are no better. What is this in your opinion? Should the gaviscon be taking that long to relieve the symptoms?
Asked On : Tue, 8 Jan 2013