Feeling of lump on the outer left knee on bending, discomfort on pushing, X-ray clear. Natural remedies for healing?

Hello. I have a concern. When I extend my knee everything seems normal, but when I bend my left knee, I feel a lump on my outer left knee. It doesn t hurt, however while playing basketball it did get a little tender and if I push on it I can feel slight discomfort. I stopped playing when I first noticed it, and never felt pain. After three months I played and it did get somewhat tender. No real pain! X ray revealed nothing relevant. Any thoughts on what it could be, and what might some natural remedies be for healing it, as rest doesn t seem to be doing the trick?
Asked On : Tue, 9 Oct 2012