Feeling of lump in throat with yellow slime, headache, vomiting sensation. Can I take amoxicillin?

Hi I am 32 yr old female. I am about 5 2 & 102 lbs. I have been sick alot lately. 3 weeks ago I had the flu & had a bad cough with the gross snot & I was doing breathing treatments from my sons nebulizer . I have never had any health issues in the past. I have never done a treatment before either. I don t & never have smoked. I drink socially but I can t even say that really my last drink was my birthday June 21. But I was very sick with fever, chills, aches, sore throat & bad croopy cough. I started slowly getting better after 2-3 days. Well the last 4 days I have been feeling like I have a lump in my throat & there s some yellow slime in it. It hurts bad. I have a headache. Worst part is it is making me get sick & throw up. I was home sick Thursday & Friday from work. I just kept throwing up. The mucus feeling w/ lump & vomiting is beyond enough. I felt better yesterday until last night then I woke up ok until I ate then I felt that urge to throw up & get the lump out of my throat. I need to know should I go to dr? I have some amoxicillin from oct when I had a UTI so I refilled it. Should I take it? Will it help? Plz help I cannot miss anymore work as I just started and its my dream job as a marketing exec at a radio station. Thank you!!!
Asked On : Thu, 13 Dec 2012