Feeling of large mass of bone on the site of fractured rib on breathing, severe discomfort on lying on the stomach. Any remedy?

I fractured/broke a rib on my left side right where it points out the most on my front side and the I now have a larger bone growth in that area where it healed. If I breathe in really deep and expand my rib cage, it s the area that forms a little point and it s like a larger mass of bone there than the other side. It s now causing me discomfort whever I lie on that side when sleeping or on my stomach and is also an aesthetic issue. My question is whether there is any procedure that can be done that can either shave down the bone growth and make it more like my other side.
Asked On : Sun, 9 Dec 2012