Feeling of food stuck in throat, appearing 3 hours after eating, please help

Feeling of food stuck in throat appearing 3 hours after eating . Hi, i hope someone can help me. I have been suffering with sickness and diarrhoea for 36 hours. I was sick yesterday then felt a lot better so i had some toast for dinner at about 8pm and still felt ok. Then at about 11pm i felt like there was food stuck in my throat and began to feel rough again so i went to bed assuming it would dislodge in the night. Instead i woke up every half hour with the feeling still there. It tastes like potato, like big chips or crisps, but i ate neither. Its still here now at 12pm the following day, i have been sipping water all night and day and had a slice of water melon this morning and its not moving. It is not causing an obstruction or difficulties breathing but it is very uncomfortable and makes me quite nauseous. I haven t been sick since 5pm yesterday but have considered trying to dislodge the food. Any suggesting on how to relieve this.
Asked On : Tue, 29 Mar 2011