Feeling of food struck in throat, throwing up food to breathe. Reason?

Hello!...My question is, while Im eating food wether its chicken to a piece of cake the food feels like it stays in my throat and doesn't go down so I have to drink something in order for it to go down but at time it only make it worst so then I start to choke and have to throw up the food in order to breath. So what exactly is causing me to choke every time I eat?
Asked On : Thu, 10 Oct 2013
Infectious Diseases Specialist 's  Response
Welcome to HCM.
Difficulty in swallowing is medically termed as dysphagia. The most common cause is esophagitis or esophageal spasms.
Esophagitis is seen in gastric reflux. The cause can be confirmed by endoscopy and appropriate therapy can be taken. Take fluid diet. Try to relax your throat muscles as much as possible.
Thanks