Feeling of fogginess, brain does not seem to respond to changes, have unclear thinking, no improvement with good sleep. What could be the cause?

Hello doctor, I from a couple of days, I have this situation wherein I feel foggy and my brain doesn t seem to really comprehend what s happening around me. It feels like there s some cotton inside of my head that is preventing me from thinking clearly. It feels like a good night s sleep will clear it out, but that does not happen. Please, help me out. I am starting to feel a little tensed and scared about it.
Asked On : Sun, 1 Jul 2012