Feeling of fluid oozing on arm movements since heart by pass, wound seems to be unhealed, CT scan of chest clear. Suggestion?

I had heart bye-pass surgery in Jun 2012. But the chest wound seems to be NOT fully recovered. whenever I do any arm movement, like driving car / 2-wheeler / any other arms movement , there is a feeling of fluid oozing after some time & in a day or two the cut becomes live with gripping /pain around the area of the wound. It is also felt that the wound from inside is also un-healed. I have been adviced removal of sternal wires thru a procedure as the surgeon feels the metallic wire an external entity is causing infection. But my mobility is effected * also I am feeling depressed because of this long delay in healing of the chest wound cut - other 2 cuts in both legs have nicely healed. I want to ask whether the problem will be solved after the removal of wire/s. the CT-Scan of chest is clear meanwhile. thanks
Asked On : Tue, 23 Oct 2012
Hello spal6, see removing the source of infection with proper antibiotic coverage most of the times cures the infection and in your case tentatively is the metallic wire used to close the chest . It is common to have mild to rarely moderate oozing from the chest initially but beyond a month or so should be a cause of concern, however you did mention CT- scan chest was clear for you. Post surgery do you suffer from breathlessness ? or heaviness in chest ? along with the pain you experienced . Do not neglect your symptoms and listen to your surgeon , you are suffering from a complication which is always a chance in this type of surgical intervention and it does resolve with proper care and diciplined approach