Feeling of floating while sitting. Causes?

I am a 60 year old male with generally good health. For over a year now I have suffered from a problem that no physician in my area seems to be able to find an answer for. I constantly have a feeling of being in a boat, floating on waves in the ocean. In the last few months it has spread to have a strange feeling in my buttocks area. I can be sitting still on the couch at home and I feel like one side of my buttocks is being lifted and then slammed down, much like it would on a roller coaster ride. This feeling makes riding in a vehicle impossible.
Asked On : Thu, 10 Jan 2013
Psychologist 's  Response
Dec 2015
Welcome to HCM
We understand your concerns

You are a healthy man as you told. You might also be wonderful and disciplined and punctual. You must have been very much perfect about your work. Now you are retired. That might be the cause of the problem. You hate to sit idle or passing time just like that. You want to be engaged. Am I correct?
There should not be any problem with you because doctor could not find any. They are the best judges of your condition. Every doctor in your are cannot be wrong. From the symptoms you mentioned, no conclusion is rather possible. Seems that you are perceiving troubles. Please consult a psychologist for help. You might have a mental condition (not disease). Good luck.