Feeling of falling down on walking, ringing sensation in ear, voice echoing. Cause for above symptoms?

My husband when walking around feels he will fall over, he can t hear much and has a ringing sensation in his ears, when he talks it sounds like his voice is echoing. He doesn t have any signs of a cold . he doesn t appear to have swoollen glands. He feels sick if he gets up. While lying down hes said hes OK There is no temperature.
Asked On : Wed, 11 Jul 2012
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

Ringing sensation in the ears ( tinnitus), reduced hearing and dizziness are in keeping with a condition called meniere's disease.

This is related to the inner ear.

He may want to consider visiting an ENT doctor for assessment.

This condition is treated by : (1) low salt diet
(2)eliminating any food triggers
(4)smoking cessation if this is an issue
(5)medication to help with the dizziness

I hope this helps