Feeling of dizziness and head spinning upon closing eyes during sleep and tightness in the chest?

Hi, I have this feeling when I close my eyes that my head is spinning and I feel really dizzy. This only happens before going to sleep at night. At these moments I also feel a tightness in my chest. But as soon as I open my eyes the feeling is gone. This occurs ever 2 days or so.
Asked On : Mon, 17 Feb 2014
Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.
I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through.
It appears that one of the systems which is responsible maintaining balance is disturbed. It could be cerebellum or vestibular system. Ones you open your eyes, these disturbances are taken care of by the vision. That is the reason that you have these symptoms only when you close your eyes.
You need to get an ENT consultation and if necessary a CT brain if possible.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:
bit.ly/dr-srikanth-reddy

Wish you good health,
Kind regards
Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.

©2014 Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.