Feeling of constant fullness, nagging sharp pain in upper quadrant. Any recommendations?

I have had food intolerance ....not formally diagnosed YET. Question is I have a feeling of constant fullness, and upper right side (under rib cage or abdominal region) a nagging sharpness-type of pain. I started feeling like this a few months ago, so started cutting out as much sugar as possible from my daily diet . I don t know if it is a colon problem, or a hernia , or something else. I will go to my doc, but in the meantime...I am a 50 yr old female, and overweight . Losing inches and over 10 pounds since late Aug. What do you recommend?
Asked On : Sat, 29 Dec 2012