Feeling of burst blood vessel at the back of throat on trying to clear throat, addicted to smoking weed. How can I avoid this?

hi im an average 20yr old male i smoke weed and i smoked a bong, cleared my throat like i usually do and i fear i may have burst a blood vessel in the back of my throat? would it be best if i stop smoking for a few days and see what happens? obviously i am quite worried about this and if the 2 are related i will try to take the most appropriate action to stop this from happening agin. i have no difficulty breathing at all just a bit concerned about it.
Asked On : Tue, 2 Oct 2012