Feeling of blockage in ear weeks after tympanoplasty surgery. Will it improve?

I underwent a surgery in my right ear around 3 weeks back after being diagnosed for conductive hearing loss . The tympanoplasty surgery was done to reconstruct the ossicular chain using tragal cartilage . Around 2 weeks after the surgery, I could hear clearly and sharply for a couple of minutes, after which I felt my ear like blocked again. The doctor used suction to remove the gelfoam used. Now, after 3 weeks, I do not see any improvement and my ear appears blocked still. I am afraid whether my hearing will restore to normal as I could hear sharply and clearly for a few minutes and my ear got blocked again. Please let me know if the hearing once improved and then blocked again, will improve later on?
Asked On : Tue, 11 Sep 2012