Feeling nausea. Diarrhea and vomiting. Endoscopies normal. Is it due to stress?

Hello. I have had symptoms of nausea , diarrhoea, vomiting and constant fatigue for just over a year now. My symptoms used to occur maybe once a month but i have been bed bound now for over a month and have had to quit my job. My sister also has the same symptoms but they have just recently occured. My GP has said that he believes it to be stress as i have had an endoscopy and my results were clear. I do believe I have faced a lot of stress the last few months but i find it hard to believe that it is solely stress as when i am very relaxed i regularly have these symptoms. I also become very tired while out doing normal things such as food shopping. I dont know where to go from here. Maybe you could suggest other illnesses that could be causing this or maybe i should seek some help to deal with my stress? I would appreciate your help as I just do not know what to do anymore, it is controlling my life.
Asked On : Fri, 31 Aug 2012