Feeling lost in toes, feet, burning pain. Cause of neuropathy? Nerve blocks can control pain?

what are the causes of neuropathy- i lost the feeling on the toes and portions of my feet . I have burning and pain in lower leg and occasional pain in hip and knees. I was tested for diabetes which was negative but have had thyroid issues. Symptoms are causing balance problems and pain on walking and standing. Gabapentin dose increased to 2400mg / 24hr but doesn t seem to help. Can nerve blocks be given to control pain?
Asked On : Thu, 14 Feb 2013