Feeling like something stuck in throat. Uncomfortable to swallow. Have slight headache. Suggestions?

Hi, I am female 47 y.o. For last 4 days I am having a feeling that there is something stuck inside my throat at the level of base of neck . I ve had that feeling few times earlier in last few months, quite rare, which was coming and going away within a day with no problems. However this time it is more severe and does not go away. Swallowing is slightly uncomfortable, but otherwise is OK. I have slight headache , althoutgh not sure if it is connected. I have no fever , and apart of that everything else seems OK. What would you suggest?
Asked On : Sat, 16 Feb 2013
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Aug 2013
hello and a warm welcome to HCM,

You seem to be having a sensation of lump or foreign body in your throat which is very common especially if you have a minor infection. But to be on the safer side you need to consult an ENT who will perform a proper examination of the throat and may even suggest an endoscopy to confirm any ominous lesion.

Meanwhile take lots of warm fluids and avoid spicy or oily food since it may also be a sign of reflux

hope you feel better

Dr Sriram Nathan