Feeling like something stuck in stomach, pain subsides after eating. Any ideas?

I feel like something is stuck in my stomach. I've had this sensation for approximately 24 hours and I've tried drinking apple cider vinegar, carbonated drinks, and the like to combat it. It seems like the pain subsides when I eat, however, though this is nothing like a hunger pain I've ever experienced, because the same is constantly in the same area (feels like the pit of my stomach on the right side of my body). Any ideas on what it could be or how I could fix it?
Asked On : Fri, 26 Apr 2013
Hi! I would advise you to take some antacid and proton pump inhibitor initially.
If this symptom persists, then you have to consult your family physician, who may advise you go for an ultrasound to exclude any hepato biliary patholgy, para esophageal hernia, or esophagitis.
You have not mentioned about your weight. Try to reduce your weight in case of over weight.
Consult a gastroenterologist in case no relief, to be considered for an endoscopy. Good luck.
General Surgeon Dr. Grzegorz Stanko's  Response
Hello!

Thank you for the query.

Such symptoms can be caused by stomach inflammation, peptic ulcer, hiatus hernia, esophagus inflammation or even stomach or esophagus cancer. Last two diseases should be ruled out at first. Especially if you have had any abdominal pain before, weight lost, nausea.
That is why I suggest you to visit your doctor and have some tests. Abdominal ultrasound, blood work and gastroscopy should be done at first.
In a meanwhile you should avoid fatty foods, spicy foods, coffee, chocolate, fruit juices. Increase mineral water intake.

Hope this will help.
Regards.
Allergist and Immunologist Dr. Suman Kumar's  Response
THIS IS ACUTE GASTRITIS AND GASTROINTESTINAL REFLUX
DUE TO FORMATION OF MORE ACID THE ACID TRIES TO OVERFLO AND TRY TO COME UPTO PHARYNX
AND T FEELS SOMETHING IS STRUCK IN THE STOMACH
DRINK PLENTY OF WATER WARM
TAKE OMEPERAZOLE 20 MG EMPTY STOMACH
AND LIQUID ANTACID GELUSIL 2 TSF TDS
DONOT USE OILY AND GREESY FOOD
TRY TO MAINTAIN THE TIMINGS OF BREAKFAST LUNCH DINNER
General & Family Physician Dr. Het Ram Bishnoi 's  Response
Sep 2013
Hello, thanks for the query to H.C.M.
Pain subside when drink something.
When stomach empty there is secretion of gastric juice in it.
This gastric juice contains HCL ( Hydrochloric acid ) , this is helpful indigestion of food which we eat.
In your case excess amount of gastric juice secreting hence when any liquid or food reaches in this area pain subsides.
When this ( stomach ) become empty pain again starts.
Now consult a physician and get in fast test meal test which will reveal the situation.
Good luck .
Dr. HET