Feeling like something obstructing in the throat near the ribs, causing discomfort, have smoking habit. Suggestions?

I have a painful throat after I went to Leeds festival last night. It s not directly my throat but its below it near my rib cage. It s not quite a pain either but it feels like somethings there. I smoked a lot yesterday and I think that s the cause. When I feel it with my hands there is nothing there however. It just feels like there s something in my throat and it s causing discomfort.
Asked On : Wed, 29 Aug 2012
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Hi, you seem to have symptoms which can be explained with reflux esophagitis and gastritis. Smoking contributes to these problems and should be avoided. Please take a course of proton pump inhibitors and mucain gel. If things do not improve, see an ENT and get an upper GI endoscopy done. Regards