Feeling light headed and black outs while standing up. Delayed periods, altered menstruation. Feeling moody and altered appetite

I'm feeling light headed, almost black out every time I stand up. Severe painful cramps in my back and lower abdominal region that have been going in for a week and are very painful today. My period has been late, had what I thought was the start to my period a couple weeks ago but only bled for a day. I'm bleeding again today two weeks later, not my normal period schedule. Something feels "off" in my body. I've been very moody, change in appetite, foggy headed. What could be going on?
Asked On : Fri, 19 Apr 2013

I will suggest that you watch for a month or two. Usually some stress is behind the altered periods. If periods do not regularize, then you need to get tested for a cause.

Dr Vaishalee