Feeling imbalanced, pressure on left side of neck. Difficultty while driving. What can be the reason?

Hello, I like to request your professional advise and help: my dad has a situation of feeling imbalance or disequilibrium for many years and sometimes it can get better and sometimes not. There is also constant pressure on left side neck area associated it. Most uncomfortable is the imbalance, especially trying to lay down and getting back up. Also, riding in a vehicle causes more discomfort. Seem few neurologist but we have not figured out an answer yet. Please advise. Thank you.
Asked On : Fri, 2 Nov 2012
Anesthesiologist 's  Response
your dad will be definetely of elderly age i think.He has problems with balancing n associated discomfort on the left side of the neck riding a vehicle increases the problem.This probably suggests he has severe cervical spondylosis with compression over the cervical cord.Does he have any radiating pain to the hands?Does he have any episodes of sudden fall/transient visual obsurations.Kindly consult a good neurosurgeon and not a neurologist.IN the mean time ask ur dad to wear a hard cervical collar when he is sitting or standing n remove it only when he lies down on bed.If he has severe pain ask him to take tab dolo 650 mg when he has severe pain n consult a neurosurgeon