Feeling heaviness in the legs at night. Reason?

Hello my name is Jamie. I have a heaviness in my legs at night and it is so bad in the morning I don't want to get out of bed but I make my self and once my day starts I do not feel it any more. But of course it comes every night. Don't think it is rls because it is not that I cant keep them still, they just hurt and it has been for over a year now
Asked On : Mon, 8 Apr 2013
Hi, Thanks for using HCM.

Jamie, if you are getting omly leg pain without any swelling in legs or change in colour of skin or any trauma, then it may be due to protein or vitamin or electrolyte deficiency. But chances of vascular problem is also there since pain in coming at night. Get done your electrolytes, protein level and examined by doctor to rule out any vascular problem. Take protein powder, fruits like banana which is rich in potassium, colcium supplements with plenty of water. Do regular exercises starting with minimum work.
Hope I answered your question. Feel free to ask me if you have any further queries. Wish you good health. Take care.

Dr. Vidya