Feeling fluttering on the left side of the body. Is it a muscle pull? Should I be concerned?

For approx. 8 days when I wake I feel a fluttering up and down my left side like someone is stroking a feather up and down my side . It actually feels like a sensation on the outside of my skin. It is most prevalent when I wake up but I can feel it throughout the day slightly. I feel extreme tightness around the torso as if a very severe muscle pull. I lifted some very heavy objects( but that was over 2 months ago ), over a 3 day period while moving , Can you tell me what is located in this area and if I should be concerned ?
Asked On : Fri, 25 May 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Feb 2014
It seems that you had a muscle pull while lifting heavy objects.Take proper rest. Hot fomentation and application of pain relieving gel will give you some relief in pain.
You can take pain killer like Ibuprofen one tablet twice a day after meals with antacid Omeprazole 20 mg along with muscle relaxant like chloraxazone. This will relax the sprained muscles.
If the pain persists, get yourself examinned by your doctor.

I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query.