Feeling electric shock like feelings in the chest, increased heart rate. On hypertension medication. Family history of valve problems

I'm a male. I keep having these electrical shock like feelings in my chest from the right of my left nipple down below the lower left of the left nipple. Then a general ache/pain would follow in that region for a while . This will happen several times over several days and then stop for weeks or even months. Note, I've already had a few years ago (
I am being treated for high blood pressure and both of my parents have had heart problems. A valve not operating correctly for my Dad and his brother too apparently before they both died (several decades apart) and currently some sort of arterial arrhythmia for my Mother. My maternal grandfather died of a heart attack after being treated for heart problems for several years.

Asked On : Thu, 28 Mar 2013
Cardiologist 's  Response
Dear Mr Paul
A sudden, electrical , localized pain which lasts for less than 2 minutes , comes at rest but does not come on running/exercise/ using stairs is not likely to be anginal/cardiac. An anginal pain characteristically should come with exertion/running. Neither there will be long periods of remission as you described.
Neither atrial arrhythmia of your mother, nor valvular heart disease of your father effects your life unless they have coronary/anginal heart disease and that too before the age of 55 years for your father and before 65 years in case of your mother.
For persistant bothering symptoms please see your physician.
Sukhvinder singh