Feeling dry eyes, spasms in the eyelid. What is going on?

Hello, my left eyeball just feels funny the last few days.. first like something was in it, then as I looked closely down into the lower lid where it meets the eyeball, the exterior covering of the eyeball seems a bit piled up, like it is loose from the eye. Then for the next few days there has seemed to be spasms in my lower lid causing a constant awareness of the eye. Now, 4 days later, the sensation is under my upper lid, feeling like it is dry. What might be going on?
Asked On : Thu, 17 Jan 2013
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
The sensation could be because of dryness or seasonal allergy.
For dryness you can use artifitial tear drops.
For allergy an eye care professional can prescribe proper anti allergic medications.