Feeling dizzy, stomach pains, phobia of germs. Could this be vertigo or mental illness?

Hi, My mum has been off work for over two years feeling dizzy and sick, the doctors first said it was vertigo but now believe it s down to depression , she also has stomach pains and is very erratic and will kick off at the slightest thing, its as if she likes to argue and she over exaggerates things, she also has a phobia of germs, toilets and being sick, she constantly asked us if her hands are clean and if the washing is clean, when she does the washing if it goes near the toilet or if she walks past the toilet with it and the doors open she thinks it s not clean. Could this all be down to her depression or does she have a mental illness?
Asked On : Wed, 23 Jan 2013