Feeling dizziness, lightheadedness and swelling in the throat. Irregular use of birth control pills. Side effects?

I have been on Yasmin birth control for 9 years, and have never had a problem with it before. I got off of it last year in March, but by October I got back on it. Was on it for a few months, then stopped for 2 months, back on a month, now off again. For the past week now, I have been getting dizzy, light-headed, my tongue feels like it swells in the back of my throat, my mouth gets dry, I feel like I'm going to faint, shaky throughout my body, blurred vision, cold hands & feet... What is going on? And could me not taking my birth control be affecting me?
Asked On : Fri, 29 Mar 2013
Thanks for posting your question here, I will try to answer it to the best of my abilities.

Nausea and light headedness is a rather common side effect of contraceptive pills, as such it is entirely possible that they are the reason you are feeling this way.
Stop taking them for a week and see if your condition improves, if it does we've identified the cause. If it doesnt, see a doctor so that he can run some tests and try to identify the cause of your problems.

I hope this answered your question.