Feeling depressed and anxious despite taking adderall. Sleeplessness. How can I feel normal again?

Hi I'm a 25 year old female who takes adderal Xr, why its it that when I take it I feel fine, happy, able to work better but in less then 4hrs I begin to feel depressed, and extremely anxious until I take another one? I just began the meds a week ago. After a few hrs taking the second dose the same thing happens and I start thinking too much and become very negative. I also have trouble sleeping now due to my thoughts keeping me awake at night. I've had that problem during the day until I started the meds but now I only feel normal when i take them, once they start wearing off its the worst feeling possible. Why?
Asked On : Fri, 29 Mar 2013