Feeling cold after exercise. Have hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Could these be related?

After moderate exercise this morning (walking at a brisk pace for about 40 minutes), my left arm suddenly felt cold when I stopped (twice). Does this mean anything? I have hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, for which an ICD was fitted about four years ago as an "insurance policy" after an unexplained episode of fainting. Otherwise I am in good health and not on any medication.
Asked On : Sat, 13 Apr 2013
Hello, and welcome to HCM!

This is certainly not normal. As you may know, hypertrophic cardiomyopathy puts you at significantly increased risk of sudden cardiac death. Because of this, you should take any "heart symptoms" (such as chest pain, palpitations, dizziness, fainting, shortness of breath, shooting pain or numbness) very seriously, especially when they occur during exercise. Make an appointment to see your cardiologist as soon as possible. As you said, your defibrillator is a good "insurance policy", but this still needs to be evaluated promptly.

I wish you good health, and thank you for posting on HCM!