Feeling bruised under the tongue, painful to swallow. Have smoking addiction. Pain in the tongue. What is it?

My underneath of my tongue feels like its bruised and is very painful to swallow and yaen. I am a smoker. I have noticed that the left node had become bigger and harder over the past couple of weeks. When I take a drag of a cigarette it feels like I'm straining my tongue and throat muscles. I have had a cough recently with lots of thick nasty discharge that jy st flies out of my mouth if not careful. I haven't noticed any redness in the throat or bumps. My tongue just hurts very much. Please help.
Asked On : Wed, 17 Apr 2013