Feeling a lump in the throat after straining. Swollen and sore throat. Lump on the jaw line. Concerned

After road cycling, I get a feeling of a lump in my throat , this has only started in the last month. I get a dry feeling when swallowing . It feels like its swollen and is sore. This is the second time it has happened. I have also noticed a small hard pea sized lump in my neck just under my jaw line. Should I be concerned? Thanks.
Asked On : Thu, 4 Apr 2013
ENT Specialist 's  Response
hello lee
you must drink lots of water ,as this dry feeling can be because of dehydration. as you have not mentioned about pain so i suppose its not there.and rules out infection. pea sized lump can be lymph node which is enlarged but if its pea sized then its nothing to worry but if it enlarges then do consult an ENT specialist.