Feeling a knot in the abdomen below sternum. Had hysterectomy for fibroids. Fatigue, loss of appetite. Is there anything to be concerned?

I am a 58 year old female, I had a hysterectomy 1 year ago due to fibroids otherwise healthy. 2 weeks ago I was struck with a feeling of a knot sensation in my upper middle abdomen right beneath my sternum, not pain, but more of a discomfort pressure along with that discomfort it made me very fatigued and also lost my appetite during that time, that lasted about a day or so then I felt fine. I thought I had a flu bug. I was myself again for a couple weeks and then 3 days ago I had another episode of severe knotting in my upper abdomen, this time it lasted 2 days and again I became very tired and the knot feeling made me lose my appetite, I started to feel myself again 2 days later however on that last day I had diarrhea as well. Now today I do not have any discomfort and my appetite is back and I feel fine. I called the doctor and he gave me Prilosec but that seems to be a common response, could there be something more serious here, why is this coming and going?
Asked On : Wed, 2 Jan 2013
Answers:  0 Views:  71 Awaiting Answer