Feel trapped wind followed by loose stools that contain pea sized drop of blood. Is it cancer or prostrate problem ?

I occasionally every two weeks or so have a feeling of trapped wind which is followed by a loose stool that contains a pea sized drop of red blood. I have also noticed I seem to be wry sensitive to dairy. I am worried that blood in my stool and loose stool are know symptoms of cancer . I have consulted my GP and am awaiting a blood test, but obviously am still very worried. The trapped wind feeling I describe is a band of discomfort/ pain across my waist , around the bladder area. Is this likely to be a result of a severe bowel or maybe prostate problem?
Asked On : Sat, 23 Feb 2013