Feel numbness after asleep. Have low BP, taking Atrolip and Eltroxin. Have cervical spondilosis. Is Spondilosis causing numbness?

I am a retired Government Officer aged 62. I am taking atorlip 10 and eltroxin 25, not diabetic. The BP is often at lower border. The problem with me is that after falling asleep I am having numbness in head. If I continue to sleep I do not feel it but when I wake up I feel numbness or drowsiness or a type of head ache; I cannot express the actual nature of it. During day time while watching TV or reading something I fall asleep and even if I sleep only for a very short time I feel the numbness and it will take about half an hour to get to normalcy. I am having a slight cervical spondilosis but the Ortho Surgeon I have consulted said that the numbness in head is not due to this. I would request your valuable advice in the matter. Varghese Oommen
Asked On : Sun, 9 Dec 2012