Feel like getting flue after tonsillectomy. How to get rid from it ?

Hi, Im a 24 year old female, whom had my tonsils out 4 days ago. Before i got them out my whole family had the flue, but i didnt. Just today, 4 days after having my tonsils out i think im getting the flue, stuffy nose, runny nose, cough. I was prescribed Tramadol, Panadine Forte and Amoxacillin, i was told to only take the amoxacillin if i got a fever , as it would be a sign of infection, should i take that now? i also dont want to cough incase the force of it makes me bleed from where my tonsils out, is there any advise you could give me on how to deal with this? Thank you :)
Asked On : Fri, 4 Feb 2011