Feel like electric current passing above heart down to stomach. Done ECG. Told nothing significant

I have had sensations of electric current passing from above my heart down to left hand side of stomach now and then since I was in my twenties to now when I am 55. It only lasts a second or two and makes me clutch the muscle over my heart. I have been to the Docstors several times but they have not thought it significant - even donne ECG in the surgery. I have no medical conditions now or in the past nor do I take any medications. What should I do ignore it or what do I ask my Doctor to do specifically. My Doctors have never made anything of it.
Asked On : Wed, 10 Apr 2013