Feel like brain is being thrown off, is it due to depression. What's wrong ?

HI, I am a college student and everything was ok, but after I graduated some concerns came up with family and I went through some trauma with dealing with them. This went on for about one and half years at least and it has really thrown off my brain. I need help from a doctor because I m not sure exactly what it is and I definitely cant live like this for the rest of my life, I feel like im in pain. I have been to many counselors and psychiatrists because my parents forced me to, for the wrong reasons and the whole thing was a very traumatic situation for me. Now, even if I need any medications , I refuse to take them because of what occurred with my family, it would just throw me into a serious depression . I need an outside supportive advice from sometime to help me figure out whats wrong with my brain, maybe its my lifestyle? I would really like to go back to feeling myself like I was in high school. I was working toward being a doctor myself and have seen many in the past and future but nothing is working out.
Asked On : Wed, 27 Feb 2013
Feb 2013
Hi Hina Gupta,
Thank you for your query,
With your description it is very difficult to come to a conclusion for your symptoms and the symptoms are vague.
But I can say, you are having some issues with your family and you are disappointed with your family matters.
Try to adjust and solve them with the help of your parents and friends.
Be confident and face the problems and most of the problems have solutions.
Be positive, focus on your studies, interests, and hobbies.
Consult a counselor or clinical psychologist for the assessment of your pain, psychological issues and take counseling along with your family.
Hope I have answered your query.