Feel electrical shock in upper left body, radiating to left arm. Cause for this symptoms?

Occasionally I have an electrical shock type feeling that starts in the upper left area of my body (between my shoulder and breast ) and radiates down my left arm and my left side. I am 60 years old, overweight , but in good health (just had an exam). I can remember getting these as a teenager, but the one I had last night was particuarly painful. I had gotten up from the couch and was rinsing dishes out in the sink -- nothing strenous.
Asked On : Thu, 14 Mar 2013