Feel cord coming out armpit, hurts on touching, restricts movement, got after flu

Hi. I have what feels like a cord or thin tendon coming from under my arm pit and it not reaches half way to me inside elbow. This has grown over the past few days and is clearly more evident. It hurts when touched and does restrict movement a little. This cord like thing was preceded with a lump under my arm which has now disappeared. At the time I thought it was a cyst (as I have had cysts on my neck and back previously), or a swollen lymph node as I have had a cough recently. This has all occurred within 2 weeks of having my flu vaccination at work (in Australia).
Asked On : Sat, 13 Apr 2013