Feel a vein extending, no pain, feels while pressing, colonoscopy done last year

I sometimes feel a vein extending from my upper rib cage down the right side of my torso. There is no pain but I can feel it. It only appeared over the past two weeks. There is no buldge but I can feel it if I press on it. I went to my doctor and she seems to think I could have picked up something that would have put too much pressure on that side of my body. I am otherwise a healthy 61 yr old female. I had a colonoscopy last year and I have a healthy colon and a clear mammogram . What do you think this could be?
Asked On : Fri, 27 Apr 2012