Fecal smell coming from between legs, foul smelling navel. Reason?

I have problems with my private areas smelling like poo. I ve had this problem most of my life no matter how much I bathe. Alot of times, others can smell it and ask what s that smell but I just try to pretend it s not me. Here lately the areas between my legs, I guess you can say where the creases are from under my butt cheek and where the legs joins, has scaly, flaky, stinky skin coming from it. When I get up from the toilet, I see brown pieces of dead skin left on the toilet seat. I am tired of stinking and it s really getting depressing. My navel stinks as well. The only way to describe the stinch is as if you were smelling rotten fish sometimes and other times like poop. Washing helps only for about and hour then smell returns and the longer I don t wash, the stronger the smell. Can you tell me why I stink? And according to the doctor there is no infection in my vagina area.
Asked On : Fri, 9 Nov 2012
Jan 2016
Hallow Dear,

It seems you are having dermatitis between your legs. This could be secondary to the intertrigo which is due to the excessive sweating. Usually this infections are mixed infections, fungal infections or bacterial infections. Mixed and fungal infections flare up with the soap. Using deodorants and scents may worsen the situation.

The same type of the infection could be infecting your naval. The naval hygiene is usually neglected; however is very important.

I will advise you to report to a skin specialist and get the appropriate treatment. I hope this helps you.

Dr. Nishikant Shrotri