Fear, pain while having sex. Advised pap smear. Possible to have intercourse without pain?

Hello, I have a question and it is a bit embarassing to ask my regular doctor. I am a 26 year old female and I am a virgin . My boyfriend and I have been together for a long time but every time I try to have sex I panic a lot and it hurts. I know that my doctor wants to do a pap smear on me asap because of my age but I am really afraid of how it s going to feel. I may sound ignorant but I m not sure if this is necessary for someone who is not sexually active. Secondly, if I do get a pap smear, once I have it done, will having sex after that make it easier for him to enter me without so much pain?
Asked On : Sat, 23 Feb 2013