Fear of Roller Coasters, mental or physical??

I have a moderate/severe fear of roller coasters. I have been on roller coasters before because I was forced to. The worst one I went on was The Mummy in Universal Studios Orlando. It shoots you in the beginning and I don t know much else because it s in the dark and I close my eyes. My specific fear is the feeling I get during the ride. My pulse is like 200 before it even starts and when I feel some g s I get painful heart pains. I also feel pressure on my skull too. The heart pains hit good when I get shot up the ramp and when I am going down a deep slope. I fear for my life when these chest pains happen because my family has history of heart problems. I am not overweight at all and physically fit. Should I go on roller coasters? I m not scared of heights, I m just scared that my body will hurt itself. The Mummy wasn t that bad. I had others fears before I went on it. After doing it I liked it. I would go on them all if I didn t think I had a heart condition or something like that.
Asked On : Sat, 19 Dec 2009
don't go on it, if u r feeling the way u do. It is propably a mental thing cause the mind is a very powerful. Don't think about it. The more u do the more fear and chest pains u will have.