Fatty liver, heavy drinker, Hepatitis C negative, elevated GGT levels. Advice?

Hello Doctor, can I speak to you now with regard to my elevated GGT levels? I am a heavy drinker (only beer) but in good quantity every day. When I checked my LFTs, it shows GGT as 130, SGPT 79, SGOT 47. I have big pain at the side of the liver. I have not stopped the drinks for 3 days and it is for ever. Sixe months back, when I had an ultrasound, there was slight fatty liver too. I have hepatitis c antibody in my blood, but when I did polymerised RNA test (to count the virus) it was negative and I did it two times in two years and it is still negative. Can you advise as to what can be done now. If it is due to alcoholism, can it be reversed since I stopped it. Please help me. Thanks a lot.. Reji
Asked On : Sat, 28 Jul 2012