Fatigue, rash on hands. Coughing, itchy lungs. Taken Mucinex. Any idea?

i had a strange illness that none of my doctors could figure out. Here were my symptoms... For one night I had a fever The next couple days was like a nasty cold Then My lungs felt burny and itchy, i couldnt talk or breathe without uncontrollable coughing. This lasted for a couple of days. Afterwards, I had some congestion, so I took a large Mucinex pill. Later that night, my hands and feet had a strange sensation. They felt sore, almost like they were being stretched or i had something under my skin, irritating them. The next morning I woke up with purple hands and toes with a strange rash that looked similar to leopard print. My dad told me to raise my feet above my heart, and the purple left my toes. But then the rash started on my feet. It started spreading up my legs, so my mom took me to the local Urgent Care and they tested me for scarlet fever which came up negative. I went home, and the rash stayed until it eventually disapeared that night. The net morning it was all over my hands, feet and legs. My mom took me to my general doctor who ordered some steroids and blood test for my white blood cell counts and to also test for Lupus . After my white blood cell counts came back normal and no sign of lupus, i was in the middle of the first week of a 2 week course of steroids, The rash continued to come and go throughout the 2 weeks of steroids, and it started to appear on my arms also (was still on my legs, hands and feet). The doctor then ordered a course of antibiotics. Another two weeks passed, and the rash persisted. Eventually, i was laying on the couch and the rash came worse than I had experienced yet. It was all over my arms and legs, hands feet, and some on my face. I looked like a leopard! I fell asleep. When i woke up, i was drenched in sweat, and the rash was gone. My mom came to give me a hug and i screamed in pain. My whole body was swollen and sore. This lasted including fatigue , for a little longer than a week. Then, the strange illness just started to rapidly dissapear. Do you have ANY idea what I had? I think it may have lied dormant in my blood stream because it would appear and dissapear in different parts of my body. Also, my mom told me i had something similar when i was a baby, only lasting about 3 days.
Asked On : Sun, 25 Nov 2012