Fatigue and hard to lose weight. Why is TSH low? Why are there hot flashes?

Hi, I am trying to understand my test results- Here they are: Oct 2011- TSH 2.45, T-4 0.8 May 2012- TSH 1.09 T-4 0.9 Started 25mcg Synthroid then retested after 4 weeks on med. the results: June 15- TSH 0.67 T-4 0.9. My symptoms were mainly great fatigue and hard to lose weight. Also my Mother has been on Thyroid med for years. My Dr. just informed me that the Synthroid is not doing anything for me and I should get off of it and retest (a full thyroid panel including T-3) in another 4 weeks, also that I may need to see a specialist. I felt like I was not quit as tired on the medicine and could use a little more. She said it would make the TSH too low. It seems to me that the TSH has lowered even before I was on the medicine and then more so while on it. The T-4 seems to stay about the same on or off of the medicine. I will not see my (General) Doctor until mid August to go over the new test results, they will take blood work on August 3. Also, I am 43 yrs. old and have constant hot flashes. I am confused about what all of this means and am some what concerned. I would appreciate any insight you may have to offer. Thank you. Rhonda
Asked On : Fri, 6 Jul 2012